Can you believe it’s almost Easter already? It’s that time of the year when we dust off our pastel-colored decor and get ready for a day filled with egg-citing fun. Whether you’re hosting an egg hunt or just looking for some entertaining games to keep the kiddos busy, I’ve got you covered. In this post, I’m going to share 15 of the absolute best Easter games that are sure to bring a basketful of joy to your celebration. Let’s dive in!
Outdoor Easter Games
- Egg and Spoon Race: Grab some plastic spoons and hard-boiled eggs, and let the races begin! Participants balance an egg on a spoon and race to the finish line without dropping it. It’s a hilarious game that’s sure to have everyone in stitches.
- Pin the Tail on the Bunny: Put a springtime spin on a classic with “Pin the Tail on the Bunny.” Blindfolded participants try to pin a fluffy cotton tail onto a bunny poster. It’s a great way to keep the little ones engaged and giggling.
- Bunny Hop Relay: Get those little legs moving with a Bunny Hop Relay! Divide the kids into teams, give them bunny ears, and let them hop to the finish line. It’s a great way to burn off some energy while having a blast.
- Bunny, Bunny, Chick: A fun twist on the classic game of Duck, Duck, Goose! Have the kids sit in a circle, and instead of saying “Duck” and “Goose,” they’ll say “Bunny” and “Chick.” It’s sure to have everyone clucking with laughter!
- Egg and Spoon Obstacle Course: Create a fun obstacle course and have the kids complete it while carrying an egg on a spoon. Add in some bunny hops and carrot jumps for an extra challenge. It’s a fantastic way to get the whole family moving.
- Peep Toss: Line up some colorful plastic hoops and have the kids take turns tossing marshmallow Peeps through them. It’s a sweet twist on a classic carnival game that’s sure to be a hit.
- Egg Roll: Set up a race track and have participants use a spoon to roll a plastic egg to the finish line. The first one to cross the finish line wins! It’s a game that’s easy to set up and tons of fun.
More Easter Game Ideas
- Bunny Ears Ring Toss: Create bunny ears out of cardboard and set up a ring toss game. Kids will have a blast trying to toss rings onto the bunny ears. It’s a great way to work on hand-eye coordination while having a hoppy time.
- Easter Egg Limbo: Grab a few plastic eggs and have the kids limbo underneath them as the bar gets lower and lower. It’s a fun way to test flexibility and balance while incorporating the Easter spirit.
- Decorate Your Own Egg Station: Set up a station with hard-boiled eggs, paints, markers, and stickers, and let the creativity flow! Kids can design their own masterpieces, making for a wonderful keepsake and a memorable activity.
- Bunny Bean Bag Toss: Create a bunny-shaped target out of cardboard and have the kids take turns tossing bean bags at it. It’s a simple yet enjoyable game that’s perfect for indoor or outdoor play.
- Duck Pond Fishing: Set up a kiddie pool and fill it with plastic ducks. Attach a paperclip to each duck and have the kids “fish” for them using a magnetic fishing pole. It’s a quacking good time!
- Easter Scavenger Hunt: Create a list of clues that lead the kids to different Easter-themed items hidden around the yard or house. The treasure hunt adds an element of excitement and adventure to your Easter celebration.
- Easter Relay Races: Set up different stations with Easter-themed challenges like carrying an egg on a spoon, doing bunny hops, or finding hidden eggs.
- Easter Egg Target Practice: Set up a target (like a hoop or a bucket) and have the kids try to toss plastic eggs into it from a designated distance.
- Easter Water Balloon Toss: Fill some water balloons and have the kids toss them to a partner. Each successful toss means they take a step back.
Indoor Easter Game Ideas
If the weather is not on your side for your Easter party, then take the Easter party games inside. These games are perfect for indoors if it’s wet or cold outside.
Here are some fantastic indoor Easter game ideas to keep the fun going, rain or shine:
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt:
Hide colorful plastic eggs around the house with small treats or clues inside. Provide a list of items the kids need to find and let them loose!
- Egg and Spoon Relay:
If you have a large enough space, set up a relay race with hard-boiled eggs and spoons. The goal is to carry the egg from one point to another without dropping it.
- Pin the Tail on the Bunny:
Just like the classic party game, blindfolded participants try to pin a cotton tail onto a bunny poster.
- Egg Roll:
Create a designated race track and have participants use a spoon to roll a plastic egg to the finish line.
- Bunny Hop Freeze Dance:
Put on some lively Easter music and have the kids dance like bunnies. When the music stops, they have to freeze in their bunny poses.
- Egg Decorating Station:
Set up a station with hard-boiled eggs, paints, markers, stickers, and other decorating supplies. Let the kids’ creativity run wild!
- Easter Bingo:
Play a round or two of Bingo with Easter-themed cards. You can use candy or small trinkets as prizes.
- Bunny Bowling:
Create bunny-shaped pins and use a soft ball to bowl. This game is sure to get some giggles!
- Jellybean Guessing Game:
Fill a jar with colorful jellybeans and have the kids guess how many are inside. The closest guess wins a small prize.
- Easter-Themed Pictionary:
Create a list of Easter-related words or phrases and have the kids take turns drawing them while their team guesses.
- Egg Race:
Balance an egg on a spoon and have the kids race to a finish line. If an egg drops, they have to start over.
- Easter Charades:
Write down Easter-themed words or phrases on pieces of paper and have the kids act them out without speaking.
- Bunny Ears Ring Toss:
Make bunny ears out of cardboard and set up a ring toss game. Kids can try to toss rings onto the bunny ears.
- Easter Memory Game:
Place Easter-themed items on a tray, let the kids look at it for a minute, then cover it and see how many items they can remember.
- Egg Darts:
Attach balloons to a poster board or wall and have the kids throw darts to “break” the eggs.
Easter Games Final Note
And there you have it, a basketful of delightful Easter game ideas for both indoors and outdoors! Whether you’re hunting for eggs, hopping like bunnies, or engaging in creative challenges, these activities are sure to make your Easter celebration a memorable one. Remember, the key to a successful Easter game is not just the activity itself, but the joy and laughter it brings to everyone involved. It’s a time for families and friends to come together, create cherished memories, and revel in the spirit of the season. So, grab your bunny ears and get ready for an egg-cellent time!
Whether you choose to play classic games like the Egg and Spoon Race, or get a little creative with activities like Bunny Ears Ring Toss, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the special moments with your loved ones. From egg hunts to relay races, these Easter games offer something for everyone, regardless of age or skill level. So go ahead, pick a few favorites, and let the Easter festivities begin. Wishing you and your loved ones a joyful and hoppy Easter!
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.