A drive-by Gender Reveal has become the go-to reveal party this year! Having a baby is undoubtedly one of the most exciting and magical times in any parent’s life! Traditionally, Baby Showers were the main event that brought family and friends together to shower the expectant Mother with love. But as technology has evolved, so has the ability to find out the gender of the baby before their arrival. Many parents are choosing to find out the gender and as a result, the Gender Reveal party has become popular.
What is a drive by Gender Reveal?
Generally, a typical Gender Reveal party would be where food is served, along with predictions made and the BIG reveal! Obviously, the pandemic has made it difficult to plan this type of event. A drive-by Gender Reveal however is a terrific and safe way to still share the excitement with your loved ones. Many parents are also continuing the theme with a Drive-By Baby Shower later on in their pregnancy.
The idea is to have guests drive by a selected location at a specific day and time. In other words, a parade of cars with guests driving by the expecting parents in excitement. Meanwhile they share their well wishes and learn the gender in a creative manner, all from their vehicle.
How do you plan a drive by Gender Reveal?
Firstly, research what is allowed in your community in terms of regulations for outdoor events. Additionally, determine the comfort level of the Mom to be. Secondly, pick a date and time. Consider who you wish to invite and when they may be available. Thirdly, determine a location. Often the parents or a family member hosts, but when choosing a location, clearly think about traffic, space, and the type of street the drive-by will be on.
Perhaps you can encourage your Guests to join in the fun by decorating their car with their baby prediction!
Another thing to think about is a theme for your drive by Gender Reveal. Perhaps you want to stick to a blue and pink color scheme. After that, send out an invitation with the details a few weeks in advance. This will give your guests something to plan for as well as look forward to. This can be done through mail, text, e-mail, or a Facebook group. In addition, brainstorm ideas for decorations, determine if you want tables for gifts or a special chair for Mom to sit on. Also, think about where you will be doing the reveal. Lastly, gather supplies needed for the drive-by Gender Reveal including favors, signage, reveal items, and food or beverages.
Finally, think about how to include those who cannot attend. For instance, deliver cupcakes with colored icing in the middle, mail a gender reveal riddle or send out a video. You could also live stream the event. In today’s world, it is without a doubt easy to include loved ones near and far.
Where do Guests leave gifts at a drive by Gender Reveal?
People love buying gifts, especially for babies! Sometimes they wait to purchase one until they know the gender and then bring it to a Baby Shower. Obviously, any gift brought to a drive by Gender Reveal is much appreciated. Consider having a designated spot like a table or a pretty blanket on the ground for gifts. However, having someone collect gifts from vehicles and place them in a designated area will keep guests in their vehicles. Check out our favorite Gender Reveal gift ideas here.
Drive by Gender Reveal Ideas
The main event of a drive by Gender Reveal is of course the reveal itself! There are many fun and creative ways to do this. Here are some ideas below:
- Pinata – Fill a pinata with pink or blue confetti and have both parents break it open. Make your own with our easy guide.
- Balloons – Have someone place pink or blue helium balloons inside a box. Then have Mom open it to see which color pops out or instead pop a balloon filled with colored confetti. Make your own DIY version here. Or if you aren’t feeling crafty, you can buy a ready-made Gender Reveal box.
- Cake – Have the parents cut into a Gender Reveal cake, revealing pink or blue icing in the middle. Or give out cake pops or cupcakes for guests to enjoy while staying in their cars. Check out our favorite Gender Reveal cake ideas here.
- Paint – Another idea is to have the parents wear white and have them toss paint-filled balloons at each other. It will be exciting to see which paint color emerges.
- Smoke Cannons – Using a smoke cannon overall will make it easier for everyone to see from their cars what the gender is. You can let these off yourself or do a Gender Reveal burnout from your car!
- Onesie – Ask a friend to purchase a gender-specific onesie. Have them wrap it in a box for the Mom to be to open at the event.
Drive by Gender Reveal Decorations
Clearly just because it isn’t a typical gender reveal party, doesn’t mean you can’t decorate! Balloon garlands or trees are a great way to spruce up any front yard. Furthermore, if using tables to display favors or snacks, use colored table cloths and runners. Place plants, flowers or lanterns around for added ambience.
Set up a big Gender Reveal backdrop as a focal point for your guests.
Similarly, encourage your guests to decorate their vehicles based on their gender prediction for added fun. Encourage them to rock their best pink or blue outfits too. Check out our favorite Gender Reveal party decorations here.
Drive by Gender Reveal signs
Signs are a great way to communicate with your guests. Place signs along the road to guide your guests to the location while also welcoming them. Display signs indicating the gift area as well as advising guests to help themselves to refreshments or a favor. Finally, a sign can also be used to thank everyone for coming.
Drive by Gender Reveal favors
Not only are they often cute but a favor is a great way for guests to take a piece of the special event home with them to enjoy. Favors could include a yummy treat, bath bombs, popcorn, or something related to the expected parents.
There are lots of great Gender Reveal Party Food ideas that you could serve at a Drive By Gender Reveal. Check out our favorites here. Individual goodies work well, such a mini cupcakes, muffins, even drinks with lids. Check out our Drive By Baby Shower food ideas here.
Or have some Gender Reveal Party Strawberries ready for guests to help themselves to!
Have favors and treats on a decorated dessert table or in a basket so the parent’s to be can easily distribute to guests.
Drive by Gender Reveal tips
A drive-by Gender Reveal is a great way to celebrate your little one in an enjoyable but safe way. Here are a few more tips to consider:
- Before planning, ensure your little one cooperated during the ultrasound. Once the gender is known, start planning your event.
- Follow any community guidelines set.
- Consider having a rain plan. Perhaps set up a canopy or have space in a garage instead to do the reveal.
- Ask a friend to take photographs or videos so you can look back on this special day.
- Ask guests to bring a letter or wishes for baby to be given to the parents as a way to shower them with love.
- Have both a drive by Gender Reveal and a drive by Baby Shower simultaneously.
- If providing refreshments, plan for snacks that are individually wrapped and sealed (heres some fun Gender Reveal Party Food ideas).
A drive-by Gender Reveal is a wonderful way to socially distance but still include others in an exciting moment. This event comes with less cleaning and prep than a traditional event but will still be a special part of your baby’s journey. Finally, whether pink or blue, a drive-by Gender Reveal is a perfect addition to anyone’s path to becoming a parent. Enjoy celebrating the arrival of the new addition!