Can you believe it’s almost that wonderful time of year again? You guessed it, Christmas is just around the corner, and there’s no better way to get into the holiday spirit than by gathering the whole family for some jolly good fun! From classic board games to hilarious party activities, we’ve rounded up the 50 Best Family Christmas Games that are sure to make your holiday season extra merry and bright.
Playing family games at Christmas time is one of my favorite childhood memories. Christmas is one of the few times of year that we all get together, and games are a great way to have fun, be connected, and enjoy each other’s company. So, grab your cocoa, cozy up by the fireplace, and let’s dive into the ultimate compilation of Christmas Family Games.
50 Best Family Christmas Games
1. Snowman Building Contest: If you are lucky enough to get a white Christmas, then this family Christmas activity is for you! Divide into teams and race to create the best snowman in the backyard. Don’t forget to accessorize with scarves and hats!
2. Christmas Charades: Act out holiday-themed words or phrases while the rest of the family guesses. Laughter is guaranteed, and this is a Christmas family game favorite in our house!
3. Holiday Pictionary: Grab some paper and markers, and take turns drawing and guessing festive scenes.
4. Gingerbread House Decorating: This Christmas family activity is one we do year in, year out! Unleash your creativity by decorating gingerbread houses with an array of colorful candies and frosting.
5. Santa Limbo: One of the funniest Christmas party games is to string some Christmas lights horizontally and challenge family members to limbo under them dressed as Santa. Play your favorite Christmas songs to really get the party started.
6. Christmas Carol Karaoke: Belt out your favorite carols in a spirited karaoke showdown. Make teams or sing in pairs if you are feeling shy!
7. Ugly Sweater Contest: Raid your closets for the most over-the-top ugly Christmas sweaters and let everyone vote for the winner. Have a Christmas-themed prize for the best sweater. This also makes for a great Christmas party theme.
8. White Elephant Gift Exchange: Bring quirky, funny gifts and engage in a game of gift swapping and stealing. A gift exchange game is a great way to add fun and laughter to your holiday party and is one of the most fun Christmas games around.
10. Pin the Nose on Rudolph: Blindfolded players take turns pinning the nose on a drawn Rudolph while being spun around.
11. Christmas Bingo: Invite your party guests to play a round of Bingo with holiday-themed cards and markers.
12. Candy Cane Hunt: Hide candy canes throughout the house or yard, and let the little ones hunt for them.
13. Stocking Guessing Game: Fill a stocking with mystery items and have family members guess the contents just by feeling their hands. Little kids love this one!
14. DIY Ornament Craft: Set up a crafting station with supplies to make personalized Christmas ornaments. You can treasure them for years to come, as the kids make the sweetest keepsakes.
15. Name That Carol: Play short snippets of Christmas songs and see who can guess the song title the fastest.
16. Holiday Trivia: Test everyone’s knowledge of Christmas traditions, movies, history, and pop culture with a trivia game.
17. Christmas Cookie Decorating Contest: Bake a batch of sugar cookies and let the family decorate them with icing and sprinkles.
18. Frosty the Snowman Freeze Dance: Dance to holiday tunes, but when the music stops, freeze like a snowman!
19. DIY Advent Calendar: This is a great Christmas family activity for late fall. Get crafty and make your own advent calendar filled with treats or activities for each day of December.
20. Christmas Movie Bingo: Create bingo cards with holiday movie tropes and play them during a festive movie marathon.
21. Candlelight Storytime: Gather around and take turns telling heartwarming Christmas stories by candlelight.
Click To Read About 50 Christmas Minute To Win It Game Ideas for Festive Family Fun!
Funny Christmas Family Games
22. Marshmallow Snowball Toss: Set up targets and have a friendly competition tossing marshmallow “snowballs” into them.
23. Santa Says: A holiday twist on Simon Says, where Santa’s instructions are the only ones to follow.
24. Fruitcake Flip: Use spatulas to flip fruitcakes onto designated targets—just make sure they’re wrapped securely!
25. Holiday Mad Libs: Fill in the blanks of a holiday-themed Mad Libs story, resulting in hilarious tales.
26. Jingle Bell Toss: Toss jingle bells into cups to score points in this fun and festive game.
27. Candy Cane Relay Race: Balance a candy cane on your finger while racing to the finish line without dropping it.
28. Gift Wrapping Race: Time for family members as they compete to wrap gifts beautifully and quickly.
29. Santa Hat Ring Toss: Toss rings onto the brim of Santa hats for a jolly good time.
30. Ribbon Dancing Challenge: Hold onto long ribbons and dance to holiday music in a creative and coordinated routine.
More Fun Christmas Family Game Ideas
31. Mistletoe Mingle: Hang mistletoe and challenge family members to give hugs or kisses whenever they find themselves under it.
32. Holiday Photo Booth: Set up a festive backdrop, provide props, and capture silly and heartwarming moments with a photo booth session.
33. Reindeer Antler Ring Toss: Wear inflatable reindeer antlers and toss rings onto them for a whimsical challenge.
34. Christmas Memory Game: Arrange various holiday-themed items, let players study them, then remove one item and see who can spot the missing piece.
35. Christmas Bauble Hunt: Like an Easter egg hunt, hide Christmas baubles around the house or yard for kids to find.
36. Snowball Spoon Race: Balance a “snowball” (a ping pong ball) on a spoon and race without dropping it.
37. Santa’s Workshop Relay: Set up a relay race where players complete tasks like wrapping gifts, decorating cookies, and assembling toys.
38. Gift-Wrapping Fashion Show: Wrap family members in festive wrapping paper and bows, then have a runway show with creative poses.
39. Snowflake Craft: Provide supplies to make intricate paper snowflakes; decorate the house with the finished creations.
Fun Christmas Games For The Family
40. Christmas Tree Bowling: Use empty water bottles as pins and a mini Christmas tree as the bowling ball in this holiday-inspired game.
41. Hot Cocoa Bar Decorating: Set up a hot cocoa station with a variety of toppings, and have a decorating contest with the yummiest outcome.
42. Frosty’s Hat Ring Toss: Toss rings onto a top hat like Frosty the Snowman for a delightful twist on the traditional game.
43. Nutcracker Dance-Off: Put on some classical music and have a friendly dance-off with nutcracker-inspired moves.
44. Holiday Charades for Kids: Create a charades game tailored for kids, with clues involving popular holiday characters and activities.
45. Penguin Waddle Race: Waddle like penguins from one side of the room to the other; it’s a hilarious sight to behold!
46. Christmas I Spy: Create a list of holiday-themed items for players to find around the house while someone provides clues.
47. Snowball Fight (Indoor Edition): Use soft, indoor-friendly snowball toys for a cozy snowball fight that won’t require a snowsuit.
48. Ribbon Candy Scramble: Hide ribbon candy throughout the house, and let kids collect as many pieces as they can find.
49. Holiday Memory Match: Create pairs of cards featuring holiday images, then play a memory match game to match them up.
50. Christmas Puzzle Party: Choose a festive puzzle to complete as a family, accompanied by holiday music and treats.
Click To Read About Miniature Christmas Village ideas – Must See Christmas Villages!
Christmas Games For The Whole Family
And there you have it, our journey through 50 of the Best Family Christmas Game Ideas continues! Whether you’re gathered around the Christmas tree, snuggled up by the fire, or sharing a cozy meal, these holiday games are sure to infuse your festivities with joy, laughter, and plenty of holiday spirit. Remember, it’s not about winning or losing, but about the cherished memories and bonds you create with your loved ones.
So gather your loved ones, ignite that joyful holiday spirit, and dive headfirst into the magic of these heartwarming games. Remember, it’s not just about the gifts under the tree, but about the gift of quality time spent with those who mean the most. I wish you all a warm and wonderful Christmas season filled with endless fun and merriment!
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.