Up and Away Party
I always love a Hot Air Balloon Party themes and this Up and Away Party by Elysia at Magnolia Party Planner is just the prettiest.
This one was a set up for a baby boy’s first Birthday, but Up and Away is also a great theme for a Baby Shower for boys or girls.
The tones of candy pastels used are really pretty and help set the scene for this beautiful first birthday party!
Meanwhile, I love how a range of pastel shades have been used with the blues and the yellows standing out to keep it more boyish.
In addition, the balloon garland is so pretty, the difference sized balloons work so well together. Also, the tiny balloons teamed with a few giant ones work great! And the black backdrop really grounds the setup and provides a great place for signage.
Party type: Up and Away First Birthday
Color Scheme: Described by Magnolia Party Planner as “Candy Pastels”, she has used a variety of pretty pastel-shaded with a focus on yellow and green.
Favorite décor ideas:
- A beautiful balloon arch in candy pastel shades with a variety of sized balloons makes a stunning backdrop.
- The gorgeous hot air balloon (see below) made from a wicker basket.
- The cheesecake cups displayed on a tiered shelf to give height to the table.
- The black backdrop which also served as a place for signage.
- Pretty blue bunting along the table edge – simple but so pretty!
- The party favor boxes – see below for a photo.
Gorgeous food ideas:
- Cheesecake cups in soft pink topped with mini marshmallows!
- Jelly cups with fruit and topped with marshmallows.
- Pretty marshmallow sticks.
- A stunning tiered cake iced in soft blue with tiny balloons and stars.
- Firstly, try to keep the color scheme pastel with a focus on the colors you want to prevail depending on whether your decor is for a boy or a girl or a unisex Baby Shower.
- Then create a hot air balloon with a basket and balloons.
- Also, carry the color scheme through from the food into the décor.
- Lastly, use a balloon garland, arch or wall in pastel shades extend the theme and give height. Click here to follow our DIY Balloon Arch tutorial.
To conclude, a big Thank You to Magnolia Party Planner for this beautifully stunning party set up! This is one lucky birthday boy!
For more Up and Away Baby Shower ideas check out our Up and Away Pinterest Board!
Click here for more Baby Shower ideas for boys.
More Baby Shower Ideas
If you would like to find out how to plan the perfect Baby Shower, click here.
Also, check out our other gorgeous Baby Shower themes, click below…
- Boho Baby Shower
- Super Hero Baby Shower
- Tea Party Baby Shower
- Woodland Baby Shower
- Baby Shark Baby Shower
- Bunny Baby Shower
- Up and Away Baby Shower
- Football Baby Shower
- Winter Baby Shower
- Spring Baby Shower
- Unicorn Baby Shower
- Baby Shower Ideas for Boys
- Baby Shower Ideas for Girls
- Cute Baby Shower Ideas
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.