Wondering what the best Baby Shower Thank You messages are and what is the nicest Baby Shower thank you wording? Well read on for our ultimate guide to Baby Shower thank you messages!
Your Baby Shower is over! And your baby boy or baby girl has already received their weight in gold with all the bundles and oodles of baby shower gifts you and your baby have received. Lots of presents and a whole lot of love have been showered upon you and your heart, and your nursery has been filled to the brim. And now it’s time to show your appreciation for their generosity and say thank you to your guests. Yep, it’s time for the ancient tradition of Baby Shower Thank You cards.
But don’t worry! Baby Shower Thank You messages don’t have to be stressful! Just put your feet up, enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate or a cold iced tea, and relax because we’ve got you covered Mama!
When should you send Baby Shower thank you cards?
At or very soon after your Baby Shower, make a list of all of the gifts you received and whom they were from. Then you are ready to send your Baby Shower cards in the few days or week after the Baby Shower. Doing it promptly shows your guests that you valued their attendance and special gift and is perfect Baby Shower etiquette.
Buy your thank you cards and stamps before the Baby Shower so that you are ready to start your thank yous without any delay.
Who do you need to thank with a Baby Shower thank you card?
You need to thank anyone who bought you a Baby Shower gift, whether or not they attended on the day. If your co-workers or friends bought you a joint gift, then it’s good etiquette to send them individual thank yous to show your appreciation.
What to write in a Baby Shower Thank You Card
It’s so important to send Baby Shower Thank You messages and with our help, it’s gonna be oh so easy. Remember, you can always order online adorable cards and type in the words so it can be super easy if you fancy!
Oftentimes the parents-to-be choose a thank you card that matches the baby shower theme. But that’s totally up to you!
Without much further ado, let’s get down to the art of graceful gratitude.
Baby Shower Thank You Messages
I usually like to use a simple 3 step formula to Baby Shower thank you messages.
- Firstly thank them for getting you a gift!
- Secondly, mention the gift and why you love it.
- End the message with some form of appreciative sign off.
In practise, a simple Baby Shower thank you wording could look something like this:
Thank you so much for your generosity at our Baby Shower. The knitted blanket is absolutely beautiful and goes perfectly with the nursery color scheme, we love it! Thank you for coming and we look forward to you meeting our new baby very soon.
As you can see, keeping it simple is an effective way to get your message across in a thoughtful way.
Baby Shower thank you wording ideas
- Thank you for coming to my Baby Shower. It meant so much to see you there.
- Having you at my shower made the place into a party!
- Thank you for making the effort to come to my Baby Shower, it meant so much to me to see you there.
- Thank you for coming to my Baby Shower, I was so happy to see you!
- It was wonderful to see you at my Shower. It’s so nice to see each other without the stress of work!
- Thank you for coming to my Shower and sharing in my joy just as you share my daily frustrations and fun at work!
- I was so happy to see you at my Baby Shower. You mean so much to me and are a delight to be around!
- I don’t know where to begin to thank you for all you did to make my Baby Shower such an incredible day.
- I understand that you couldn’t make it but I really missed you at my Baby Shower. Thank you so much for sending such a lovely gift.
- You are so thoughtful. Even though we missed your presence and smiling face, we are very touched by your gift.
Let them know you remember which gift they got you.
You must make a list of who gave you what. When you open presents, you must write down who and what immediately to avoid confusion. It’s simply good etiquette to mention the gift and how you are going to use it. If the gift was money, just say generous gift – yes even if great aunt Jemima gave you only $5.
- How did you know exactly what i wanted? The x gift was one of the top items I wanted for the baby right away. Thank you!
- The x gift was the first thing I registered for! It’s so beautiful. Thank you.
- I’m still amazed by your hand made gift! Wow, what a treasure. It will be a keepsake and a precious memory for many years.
- I want to talk about your amazing gift. It is so utterly gorgeous and will surely be treasured years to come. Thank you!
- How incredibly generous of you and the work gang to get [the baby’s stroller]. I can’t wait to show it in use when I pop into the office for you all to meet my little one!
- Thank you for the x gift. You obviously thought about it and got me what i need the most – you’re the best!
- Thank you so much for the sweet and generous gift of x. You are so creative—and thoughtful. I will really appreciate that x.
- Wow! Thank you for your incredibly generous gift. New additions are so expensive, it can be very stressful, thank you for your kind help at this tender time.
- Thank you for your generous contribution to our baby’s college fund, our little one will never forget what this means to us.
- Your gift was so kind and generous. We need so much and this really eased eour burdens.
Meaningful Baby Shower Thank You Card Wording
Personal, heartfelt, poignant notes are great – but not easy. So if cousin Tabitha held your hand as you sobbed on her shoulder and she gave advice that transformed your parenting – go for it. If your BFF Adelaide came all the way from Peru, she deserves it. Your workmate Joss who you’ve barely said hello to, who gave you some diapers… not so much. Just be sweet and real and leave it at that.
- We definitely missed your smiling face at the Shower but thank you for your thoughtfulness. We are so lucky to have you in our lives.
- Thanks again for thinking of us, we missed you. Hopefully, we can arrange to meet up when the baby is finally here.
- Your kindness and friendship have made such a difference in my life. Thank you not just for this gift, but for always being there for us.
- You’ve always been very special to me. I am so grateful, not only for the gift but for the fact that my baby will always have an aunt like you.
- We couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful day. I don’t know how you pulled it off but as ever, you are amazing and have always made my life better just by being there. We can’t wait for you to be a part of our little one’s life too.
- Don’t think I didn’t notice all the incredible details you spent time on! The theme was adorable and the games were super fun. You were the perfect host, I can’t thank you enough.
- We are so fortunate to be loved and supported by such an amazing family. Our baby will be lucky to have you in their life.
When should you send thank you cards after a Baby Shower?
According to Baby Shower thank you card etiquette, it’s best to send Baby Shower thank you cards within two weeks of your Baby Shower. You will want to express your gratitude while the Baby Shower is still fresh in the minds of your guests. Plus you don’t want to wait until after the baby’s arrival as you will certainly be busy with your new baby by then!
How late is too late to send thank you cards after a Baby Shower?
Personally I believe that late is better than never! And if you are so late that your new baby has been born, you could always include a sweet photo of your baby which is always well received. Sometimes, circumstances prevent us from doing what we planned, so if you have had a difficult few weeks of your pregnancy and didn’t get round to sending your Baby Shower thank you cards, your guests are sure to understand.
How do you sign a Baby Shower thank you card?
You may want to sign your Baby Shower thank you cards with you and your partners name plus the baby. Or you could sign your Baby Shower cards as as family using your family name, eg “Jones Family”. Or some parents-to-be choose to sign their Baby Shower thank yous just using the baby’s name for example “Baby Jones”.
Can you send a text as a Baby Shower thank you?
Sending text messages has become commonplace for many of us nowadays. If you invited your guests to your Baby Shower by text, then you may feel it appropriate to send baby Shower thank yous by text as well. Often, it’s the thought that counts rather than the delivery method, so if you are keen to send a thank you text, go for it!
What to write in a Baby Shower Thank You Card Final Note
Remember, write your Baby Shower thank yous from the heart and you can’t go wrong!
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.