How to Make a Gender Reveal Box
Are you awaiting the arrival of a little bundle of joy? If so, you’ve probably been SO excited to find out the gender of your baby! If you are planning a Gender Reveal Party, you may be wondering How to make a Gender Reveal Box.
Of course, Gender reveal parties are a huge trend right now because they are such a special day! Getting to have your family and friends find out at the same time, seeing your reaction and everyone’s eyes lighting up! How could it not be a day to remember.
And there are so many options on how to announce it, but we picked one of our favorites to do a how-to on! A Gender Reveal Box is a great DIY way to announce the gender of your new arrival.
What is a Gender Reveal Box?
Put simply, a Gender Reveal box is a box in which you (or the host), hides pink or blue helium balloons. Then, to announce your Baby’s gender, you open the box and watch as the pink or blue balloons float out and make the big reveal!
How do you make a Gender Reveal box?
Well, a DIY Gender Reveal box is really easy to make. Plus, you just need a few supplies and around an hour to put together something really cute!
What do you put inside a Gender Reveal Box?
Balloons, balloons and more balloons! Pink or blue, depending on baby’s gender!
How to make a Gender Reveal Box
Step 1… Plan your Gender Reveal Box design
Personally, my favorite is a plain kraft box with some simple décor or wording on it.
Wording that works well include:
Boy or girl?
Pink or blue? It’s time we knew!
Brother or Sister?
He or she? We want to see!
Twinkle twinkle little star, how we wonder what you are!
Now these are a few example of some simple designs to inspire you.
Step 2… Gather your supplies!
Now you have planned your design, you are ready to get started! This is what you will need…
- XL Cardboard Box. This 30″ box is a great size!
- Colored wrapping paper.
- Helium Filled balloons. These balloons from Amazon are what we used.
- Packing Tape.
- And some glue.
Step 3 – Assemble your Gender Reveal Box!
- Firstly, put together your box and secure the bottom with packing tape
- Then cover the box with your selected paper or paint. If covering with paper, wrap it like a present.
- Remember to cut the pieces for the flaps and tape down to keep it pretty!
- If you are leaving it plain, simply assemble your box!
Step 4 – Decorate!
- Now decorate your box however you want!
- Utilize super cute and easy stickers.
- Print and glue designs or words
- Keep it simple with pink and blue dots and hearts.
Best Gender Reveal Box Decorations
If you aren’t feeling that crafty, you can make it even easier by buying or downloading stickers to decorate your box.
So, here are our favorites…
This Gender Reveal Sticker set comes with the black and white balloons stickers plus pink and blue hearts and stars. And this works really well on a simple kraft box.
Next up, this Gender Reveal sign is an instant download that you can download and print out yourself. I really like the chalkboard effect.
Another cute options is this Twinkle Twinkle vinyl decal.
Finally, this Brother or Sister sign also comes as an instant download and is perfect for a second or third Baby reveal.
Step 4 – Insert Balloons!
- So, it can be tricky to find out how many balloons to put in your box. However, you do not want to overfill it, because the balloons could get stuck and not come out. In my experience, around 12-14 balloons are all you need.
- First off, tape the end of the balloon strings to the bottom of the box
- Then close the lid and use a ribbon to hold them closed
- If you are not “in on the surprise” you will need to get a friend or relative who knows the baby’s gender to do this bit for you!!
Now your DIY Gender Reveal Box is ready for the big reveal!
Then, gather your closest friends and family, countdown from 10 and open the top of the box! At last, out come your pink or blue balloons and your baby’s gender is revealed. Remember to have your camera at the ready!
Ready-Made Gender Reveal Boxes
If you just want to cut to the chase and buy a ready made Gender Reveal Box, there are some great options available.
So, here are our top ready made Gender Reveal Boxes.
So, there you have it! Above all, we hope this was useful and that you are now ready to get crafty and get making!
For more ideas on how to reveal your Baby’s Gender, read our best Gender Reveal ideas.
And we hope you have the best Gender Reveal Party ever!
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.