How to throw a Minecraft Party is something we are asked often! If you are around children often, you have likely heard of Minecraft before. Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time! Both children and adults alike love playing this unique game, therefore it continues to rank in the Top 10 Videos Games.
If your child is a Minecraft fan, here are our tips on how to throw a Minecraft party that will be awesome! Plus check out the photo inspiration from A Party To Remember who have shared with us their amazing Minecraft Party!
How to throw a Minecraft Party?
When it comes to planning a party, there are certain elements you need to have in addition to an epic theme! For more details on how to plan the ultimate party, check out our How To Plan A Children’s Party (The Easy Way). But to sum it up, first, set the date, time and of course, location! Secondly, invite your guests.
Finally, plan out the activities and schedule for the party which may include your menu and party favors. Since Minecraft would be your theme, tie that in everywhere you can from invitations to decorations to activities.
What do you do at a Minecraft Party?
Like any party, of course, the goal of a Minecraft Party is to have fun! Here are some Minecraft inspired activities without a doubt you can incorporate into your party:
- Minecraft Piñata – Fill a box with yummy treats, seal it up, paint it green and put a Creeper face on it for your gamers to try and crack open!
- Character Mask – Using cardboard, have guests create their own mask. The more pixilated looking the better! Get creative!
- Building Blocks – Since Minecraft is a lot about building and using your imagination, have everyone collaborate to build something together or host a friendly building competition. Collect various boxes from deliveries and your pantry prior to party or use Lego and let them build!
- Minecraft Musical Chairs – Instead of removing a chair, have one labelled as TNT! After each round, whoever ends up in that chair is out. Keep removing a regular chair until the final round.
- BINGO – Using a free BINGO card generator, create cards using characters and items found in game. Have the birthday boy or girl, call out the images for their guests and then see who wins!
- Pin the tail on the Pig – Create a Minecraft pig on your wall and have guests attempt to pin the tail on it! Remember, no peeking!
- Play Minecraft – If your child is a big fan and so are their friends, then have them all play the game! This is a great activity consequently to do if you have a small group or are throwing a virtual party. Minecraft is an awesome game for playing cooperatively!
Minecraft Party Decorations
Since Minecraft consists of a world of blocks, cubes and as well as a lot of green, use these in your décor. Build a balloon arch using green balloons and then place it behind your food table or use as a backdrop for a “photo booth.” Using disposable plates, create a Creeper face on your wall.
You can also order Minecraft party supplies to keep decorating simple. There are great ideas including tableware as well as décor like streamers and lanterns that would tie in your theme nicely!
If you’re planning a Minecraft® birthday party for your little one, check out these party favors covered with this convenient goody bag kit! Featuring enough bags and party favors for up to 8 kids, all you have to do is put the items in the bags and hand them out!
Minecraft Party Food Ideas
A Minecraft Party can be more epic with Minecraft-inspired food! Take inspiration from the game and turn it into snacks for your guests to enjoy. For example, serve grapes and label them as “emeralds,” pretzels as “sticks” and square green Jell-O as “grass.” As for a beverage, offer a fruit punch and call it “lava.”
Rice Krispy squares turned into Creepers from the game would be a fun addition as well as licorice as TNT. Another idea is to have guests make their own square pizza with square ingredients and voila, you have pixelated pizza! Of course, don’t forget about the cake! A square or “block” cake would fit perfectly with a Minecraft party theme!
For those who don’t play the game, your child will be a great resource on how to throw a Minecraft party in addition to our tips! Minecraft teaches teamwork and problem solving while fostering creativity, so see what aspects of the game they like and incorporate them into your party. Have another event coming up? Click here for more party ideas. Have fun!