A Housewarming Party is a great way to show your friends and family your new place. Plus it’s a great opportunity for a celebration. So, if you are planning a housewarming party sometime soon, read on for our favorite housewarming party ideas.
What Do You Do at a Housewarming Party?
1. MAKE A PLAN! Surely, everybody who throws a party wants it to be perfect! Making the best and absolute plan will surely make the party memorable for everyone. This part is where you calculate the budget, the number of guests, the amount of food and drinks, and the organization of your party. The first step is always the hardest, but once you get through it, it would most definitely be worth it!
2. MAKE INVITATIONS TO SEND TO YOUR GUESTS. Written or printed invitations will make your party look more important and have guests looking forward to it. The theme, date, time, and place should all be written out on your invitation. Carefully pick and decide on them, but don’t forget to make them unique and reasonable! These will provide information for your guests and give them a heads up on what to wear and what to prepare.
3. PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOODS AND DRINKS. This will surely leave the most impression on your guests. Remember that the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach! It will surely help you strengthen your relationship with your new neighbors, especially if they have something to look forward to! Prepare finger foods and unique beverages, don’t forget the dessert!
4. CREATE A SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOUR GUESTS. Create a music playlist with your favorite upbeat tunes. If the party goers are up for it, this is a great opportunity for some dancing later on! And maybe have some games planned, especially if this is a smaller party.
5. PRIORITIZE THE SAFETY OF YOUR NEW HOME! Put away precious objects and keep them out of reach from children. If you have pets, you may want to put their bed in a quiet part of the house, or even a bedroom.
6. DO A HOUSE TOUR EVEN IF IT’S ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH YOUR HOUSE. This can help the guests familiarize themselves with your new home. Plus it’s what they are here to celebrate so why not show them around!
7. DO AN OPEN HOUSE. Not sure if your guests can attend due to a busy and tight schedule? Then you can have an open house! They can come whenever their schedule allows, and meet you when they arrive. With this, they may come to visit at any time and give themselves a house tour!
Do you bring gifts to a Housewarming Party?
A gift is often a sign of goodwill. Bringing gifts when attending a housewarming party to welcome the new neighbor into the community is always a good idea.
Not sure what to give as gifts? Don’t worry, it doesn’t always have to be grand. Anything simple and useful will do.
Want something more specific? Here are some ideas that people traditionally bring to a housewarming party.
- Photo frame
- Gift Voucher
With all that said, as a host, it is also advisable to give out ‘thank you’ gifts or favors to your guests as a sign of appreciation for coming to your party. This will serve as a remembrance for your guests and yourself. It can be anything.
It may be a decorative item or something useful – a scented candle, a flower, take-home food, or even a simple thank you note! Some of your guests may have gotten you gifts to welcome you into the neighborhood. Of course, giving gifts to everyone in return can mark your moving into your new home! As mentioned, the parting gifts don’t always have to be grand, a small token like take-home food, or even a thank you note will suffice.
Our Favorite Housewarming Party Ideas
Just moved into a new neighborhood and want to show off your new house to your friends and family? Can’t wait to introduce yourself and your family to your new neighbors and throw a party? All of these things, but not sure what to do? Don’t worry, we got you!
GOOD OL’ POTLUCK
Everybody is familiar with this as this has been a tradition that’s been practiced over centuries! This is when you have guests bring over food to you instead of you preparing all the food for the party. The food gathered is then shared with everyone, creating a budget-friendly party.
This may be the most convenient idea, since not only will you have fun, but you even get to taste different varieties of food and beverages brought by your kind neighbors!
A TASTE OF INTERNATIONAL CUISINES
The idea is almost the same as potluck since guests will be bringing different varieties of food, but what makes this unique from potluck? It is when you have your guests represent different countries and bring in their favorite food or beverage native to that country!
With this, you all will be able to taste different foods and beverages unique to each country. It doesn’t always have to be international, however. Feel free to keep it local!
Exhausted from moving and need a helping hand? Well then, have your neighbors help you out! What other way can you create a friendly atmosphere than to have your neighbors help you out in moving! Have small talks while helping each other. This is your chance to get to know them better!
A little bit of liquor can lighten things up! Guests may bring different bottles of liquors to help liven up your party. What better way to have fun than to have drinks while hanging out with your new neighbors! Be sure not to drink past your limit, though; always remember to drink responsibly!
Are you passionate about tea and want to share your recipes with other people? What better way than to host a tea time garden-themed party! This option is especially popular with housewives. Have fun with your friends and get to know your new neighbors through this recreational activity. Have a fun chat with the neighborhood gentlemen and ladies while enjoying the scenic beauty of your cultivated garden.
Feel like something is missing in your new home? Looking dull and wanting a fresh breath of air? Have a few helping hands come over and have fun painting new rooms that need a bit of color! Show your artsy side and get to know your neighbors through their art style!
A person’s art style can tell so much about the person. This is also popular among kids since they will be able to play and have fun releasing their artistic side!
Are you a novelist? Or a bookworm? Ask your guests to bring in their favorite books and discuss them over a hot cup of coffee! They may even gift you books they think you might enjoy. You can get to know your neighbors better through the books they read as it gives you an idea of what their interests are.
BBQs grilled in your backyard sure tastes best! Take turns grilling meat and enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family. If you have children, this is the perfect chance to allow them to get to know the neighborhood kids better! An open area is one of the most fun areas to play in, especially in the backyard! Watch out for the grill though! They may run over it and get hurt. Always keep your eyes on the children!
What better way to enjoy a party than with some fun and games? Play different board or card games with your guests! Add a little liquor and the party will surely be fun! You may even improvise or check out some unique fun games online! There are a lot of different games that will surely be of interest to you! Don’t forget to prepare some prizes, though you don’t always need them.
MAKE A MAP
Not feeling like you want to have a house tour? Then this game is just right for you! Have your guests tour themselves around the house once, and then make them draw a map to test their memory. The map with the highest accuracy wins!
Hide items around your house and create a mini-map for guests to find. This allows you to have your guests look around the house themselves without breaking a sweat! This is also fun for kids since it’s like treasure hunting and hide and seek (but with objects)!
BAKE SOME COOKIES
Have a passion for baking? Why not bake with your new neighbors while trying to make a mini house cookie. Show your creativeness with different designs with your guests! This is best enjoyed with a cup of tea at your backyard garden.
Housewarming Party Ideas Final Note
So you can see there are so many fun Housewarming Party ideas. You can be as creative as you like and really turn any party theme into a Housewarming party.
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.