Chicken goujons are a kids party favorite and they are super easy to make too, plus homemade chicken goujons are tastier (and healthier) than store bought. If you are looking for a simple finger food for your next party, then look no further. These easy and delicious chicken bites are a favorite at all of my kids parties.
Mom’s Magical Chicken Goujons: A Party Pleaser!
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or olive oil for baking
Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). This will give our chicken goujons that crispy golden perfection!
- Prepare the Breading Station:
- Set up a breading station with three shallow bowls. In the first bowl, add the flour. In the second bowl, beat the eggs. In the third bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Dip and Coat:
- Take a chicken strip and dredge it in the flour, making sure it’s fully coated. Shake off any excess.
- Dip the floured chicken strip into the beaten eggs, ensuring it’s well-covered.
- Finally, roll the chicken in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken for a good coating. Place the coated strip on a baking sheet.
Repeat and Arrange:
- Repeat the breading process for all the chicken strips, placing them evenly on the baking sheet. Make sure to leave a little space between each goujon for that extra crispiness!
Bake to Perfection:
- Lightly spray the breaded chicken with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil. This will give them that lovely golden color in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy.
Serve with Love:
These Simple Chicken Goujons are not only easy to make but also a total crowd-pleaser at any children’s party. So go ahead, rock that mom chef hat, and watch those little ones devour these tasty treats! Happy cooking, super moms!