If you’ve got a little one who can’t get enough of the catchy tunes and adorable underwater adventures of Baby Shark, then you’re in for a treat. Today, I’m excited to share some fin-tastic Baby Shark party ideas that will have your kiddo and their friends singing “Doo doo doo doo doo doo” in no time. So let’s dive into the deep blue sea of creativity and make some waves with this underwater extravaganza!
Baby Shark Baby Shower Party Ideas
I just love this stunning and colorful Baby Shark Baby Shower Party by Elysia at Magnolia Party Planner.
Since the recent baby Shark song took over social media, this theme has become increasingly popular as a Baby Shark Baby Shower Party, or Baby Shark Birthday Party. It’s a fun theme for a little boys birthday or Baby Shower.
The tones of bright blue used are really striking and help set the scene for this Baby Shark Party!
This party is a Birthday but would work equally well for a Baby Shark Baby Shower.
In addition, I love how the blues are teamed with silver in the balloons with pops of orange on the cakes and yellow in the paper garlands. Meanwhile, the fishing netting on the styling gives a really nautical feel and the use of simple wooden stools and tables gives height and lets the decorations take center stage!
Party type: Birthday Party
Color Scheme: Bright blue, silver and white with tiny pops of orange, yellow and red.
Favorite décor ideas:
- Nautical netting used in lieu of table coverings on the stools and tables.
- The very full balloon wall with a variety of sized balloons and some silver for sparkle.
- The use of nautical props like the life ring and pool floaties.
- Super cute fondant sharks on top of the cake are just adorable.
- Wooden boxes and crates to house the favors.
- Also, the addition of yellow in the styling makes the colors pop.
- Ocean Blue Backdrop: Start by setting the stage with a beautiful ocean-blue backdrop. You can use ocean-themed wrapping paper or fabric to create a watery background.
- Baby Shark Banner: Welcome your little partygoers with a vibrant Baby Shark banner. You can find pre-made banners online or create a DIY one with colorful cardstock.
- Shark Balloons: Decorate with shark-shaped balloons or simple blue and white balloons. You can even add some helium-filled shark balloons to give the illusion of swimming sharks.
- Underwater World: Hang up underwater-themed decorations like fish, seaweed, and jellyfish cutouts to make your space feel like the ocean depths.
- Shark Photo Booth: Create a Baby Shark-themed photo booth with props like shark masks, ocean hats, and fishy glasses. Kids and parents alike will love taking underwater selfies!
Gorgeous Baby Shark food ideas:
- Baby Shark macaroons complete with teeth and fins are just gorgeous!
- Cupcakes with sea stars.
- Donuts complete with blue icing and little sea stars.
- Also, tiered cake ices in shades of sea blue with color-coordinated shark cake toppers. Love the teeth!
- Shark Bait Popcorn: Pop some blue raspberry-flavored popcorn and call it “Shark Bait.” Add gummy fish for an ocean-inspired snack.
- Seashell Sandwiches: Make seashell-shaped sandwiches with a shell cookie cutter. Fill them with kid-friendly favorites like peanut butter and jelly or ham and cheese.
- Goldfish Cracker Bar: Set up a Goldfish cracker bar with different flavors and colors of Goldfish crackers. Kids can scoop their favorite flavors into personalized snack cups.
- Under the Sea Fruit Salad: Create an “Under the Sea” fruit salad with blueberries, kiwi, watermelon, and pineapple. Use fish-shaped cookie cutters to make it even more fun.
- Baby Shark Cake: The centerpiece of your dessert table should be a Baby Shark-themed cake. You can order one from a local bakery or try your hand at decorating your own.
- Shark Gummies: Serve shark-shaped gummies or fruit snacks as a sweet treat. They’re sure to make a splash!
- Shark Gummy Pops: Insert shark-shaped gummy candies onto lollipop sticks and dip them into blue candy melts to create delicious Shark Gummy Pops. Kids will love the combination of flavors and textures.
- Fish Stick Fingers: Serve fish sticks as “Fish Stick Fingers.” Provide tartar sauce or ketchup for dipping and add a sign that says, “Fish are friends, not food!”
- Octopus Hot Dogs: Transform regular hot dogs into cute octopuses by cutting them into strips, leaving two ends intact for the head and legs. Boil or grill them, and the legs will curl as they cook.
- Seaweed Salad: Make a refreshing seaweed salad with green seaweed, sesame seeds, and a light dressing. It’s a healthy and ocean-inspired side dish.
- Ocean Jelly Cups: Create Ocean Jelly Cups by layering blue raspberry jelly or blue gelatin with whipped cream or yogurt. Top them with gummy fish or sharks for an underwater effect.
- Shark Bento Boxes: Prepare shark-shaped sandwiches and fruit slices to create adorable shark-themed bento boxes. Use edible food markers to add details to the shark sandwiches.
- Clam Shell Cookies: Bake sugar cookies in the shape of clam shells and fill them with blue icing to resemble the ocean. Add a small pearl or candy bead in the center for an elegant touch.
- Sea Creature Veggie Platter: Arrange a veggie platter with colorful vegetables like cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, and cucumber slices. Decorate it with cute sea creatures made from cheese slices and olives.
- Beach Ball Cake Pops: Craft beach ball-shaped cake pops using colorful candy melts and edible markers. They make for adorable and bite-sized treats.
- Ocean Water Drink: Mix up a refreshing “Ocean Water” drink using blue raspberry lemonade, lemon-lime soda, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top it with a gummy shark for extra flair.
- Shark Teeth Cookies: Bake sugar cookies in the shape of shark teeth and decorate them with white icing to resemble sharp shark teeth.
- Seashell Cupcakes: Top your cupcakes with seashell-shaped chocolate candies or fondant seashell toppers for an oceanic touch.
- Ocean Blue Punch: Mix up a blue punch using blue raspberry lemonade and lemon-lime soda. Add some floating shark-shaped ice cubes for a cool effect.
- First off, keep the color scheme bright, fun and mainly blue with pops of an accent like yellow or orange.
- Next, create a nautical feel with netting instead of table covers.
- Also, carry the color scheme through from the food into the décor.
- Finally, use a balloon wall in shades of blue and silver to extend the theme and give height.
Baby Shark Party Activities – What to do at a Baby Shark party
Sing-Along Time: Start the party with a Baby Shark sing-along session. You can even print out lyric sheets for everyone to follow along.
Baby Shark-Themed Craft: Set up a craft station where kids can decorate their own paper shark fins or make fish puppets.
Baby Shark Dance-Off: Organize a Baby Shark dance-off where kids can show off their best dance moves to the song. Have a prize for the most creative dancer!
Shark Storytime: Gather the kids for a shark-themed storytime. Read books about sharks and other underwater adventures.
Shark Hunt: Hide small shark toys or shark-shaped stickers around your party area and have a “shark hunt.” Provide small bags for the kids to collect their shark treasures.
Baby Shark Games: Play games like “Pin the Fin on the Shark” or “Shark Ring Toss” to keep the little ones entertained.
Shark Movie Screening: Set up a cozy movie-watching area with comfy pillows and blankets. Screen a Baby Shark episode or a family-friendly ocean-themed movie.
Shark Piñata: A shark piñata filled with candy is a must! Let the kids take turns trying to break it open with a whack. It’s a thrilling activity that will surely bring smiles.
With these Baby Shark party ideas, you’ll create a sea of joy for your little one and their friends. It’s a celebration that’s sure to be a hit with both kids and parents, making a splash that will be remembered for years to come. So, “Doo doo doo doo doo doo,” let’s get this party started!
Thank You to Magnolia Party Planner for this beautifully stunning Shark party set up! Undoubtedly, this is one lucky birthday boy!
For more Baby Shark ideas check out our Baby Shark Pinterest Board!
Click here for more Baby Shower ideas for boys.
I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.